Perfect for mixing and mastering, EQuivocate’s auditory filters and match EQ functionality make it incredibly powerful, simple to use, and natural sounding. As EQuivocate uses filters that are modelled on the human ear, each of its 26 bands tickles a different part of the inner ear, making any combination of settings sound as natural as ‘humanly’ possible. Combining this with a linear-phase filter shape that reduces pre-echo makes EQuivocate an EQ with a difference that can clearly be heard.
- Simple yet musical, the 26 linear-phase auditory filters are shaped to approximate the critical bands of the human ear.
- Match EQ feature matches the tone of one track to another — blend two tracks to sound like they came from the same source, compliment each other for better separation, or make a final master have a similar tone to a reference track!
- Click and swipe a mouse across the gain slider field to draw an EQ curve, then toggle CURVE DRAW off to fine tune.
- Use the OUTPUT level AUTO button to automatically compensate for level changes introduced by the EQ.
- Solo the output of one or more bands to easily find problem frequencies.
- Add or remove filters to customize the sound.
- Start with the included presets or create new ones — use the COMPARE button to toggle between two unique settings.
- Includes artist presets from Richard Devine, Jeremy Lubsey, Alex Saltz, Sebastian Arocha Morton, Richard X, and John McCaig.
- Choose color scheme for viewing pleasure.
To get it for free, you need an iLok account and iLok software (no dongle)! After 10.31.2017 you can buy it for 99,- USD
Remark: The informations on the Eventine web page about the serial number are a bit confused. You don’t need a serial number as long as the software is for free! Only the iLok account and the software is needed!