AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, December 5, 2017. FabFilter is proud to announce availability of FabFilter Pro-L 2, a major update to the Pro-L limiter plug-in. With four brand-new limiting algorithms, a new true peak limiting mode, extensive standards-compliant loudness metering, surround support, and many other new features, Pro-L 2 improves on its predecessor in every way while staying true to the original vision of unparalleled simplicity and effectiveness.
New limiting algorithms:
FabFilter Pro-L 2 introduces four new limiting algorithms. Modern is the new ‘best for all’ algorithm that
produces even better results than the Transparent and Allround algorithms from version 1. Aggressive is
great for maximum loudness — well suited for EDM or rock music. Bus has been designed specifically for
drums and limiting of individual tracks, while Safe’s goal is not maximum loudness, but to avoid distortion at
True peak limiting and loudness metering:
The new true peak limiting feature in FabFilter Pro-L 2 makes it extremely easy to hit a maximum true peak
target. Just set the output level to the desired value, enable True Peak Limiting, and that’s it! Combined with
improved true peak metering and extensive loudness metering that’s compliant with the EBU R128, ITU-R
BS.1770-4, and ATSC A/85 standards, Pro-L 2 is the perfect fit for any loudness normalization job.
Complete support for surround audio with flexible channel linking makes FabFilter Pro-L 2 much more
versatile in multi-channel scenarios, while the sound quality is even higher than before with up to 32x linearphase
oversampling. New features like a DC offset filter, external side chain triggering for stem mastering,
and a Unity Gain option ensure that Pro-L 2 is the solution to any mastering challenge.
The unique real-time level display is now even more effective with new innovative display modes, including
an Infinite mode that shows all audio for an entire session. Moments of significant gain reduction are
highlighted with peak labels to give additional insight in the limiting process. Last but not least, the interface
has been carefully redesigned to be aesthetically pleasing with a perfectly optimized workflow.
• Great transparent sound combined with maximum loudness.
• Eight sophisticated, carefully tuned limiting algorithms, all with their own character and purpose.
• True peak limiting.
• Up to 32x linear-phase oversampling to minimize aliasing and inter-sample peaks.
• Low CPU usage.
• Highly accurate output and gain reduction metering, including true peak metering.
• Extensive loudness metering with support for the EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-4, and ATSC A/85 standards.
• Various meter scale settings, including K-System support.
• Surround support, including Dolby Atmos 7.0.2 and 7.1.2 formats with flexible surround channel linking.
• Unique, highly-informative real-time level display, showing input, output, gain change, and loudness
levels over time with key gain reduction readings and four different display modes.
• Optional DC offset filter.
• External side chain triggering for stem mastering.
• Unity Gain option to easily listen to the effect of the current limiting at unity gain level.
• Audition Limiting option to listen to the difference between the input and output signal.
• Adjustable Look-ahead, Attack, and Release settings to fine-tune the sound of the algorithms.
• Separate, freely-adjustable channel linking for both the transient and release stages.
• Professional dithering with three different noise shaping algorithms.
• Easy to set up for common limiting situations with the included factory presets.
• Adapts automatically to stereo, mono, and surround channel layouts.
• Full Screen mode for precise adjustments and insightful metering.
• Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows.
• GPU-powered graphics acceleration.
• Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces.
in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, AAX, RTAS, and AudioSuite plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-L 2
and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available at: www.fabfilter.com/shop
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase or upgrade to FabFilter Pro-L 2 with very attractive discounts by
logging in to their online user account at: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount
System requirements on Windows are either Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools,
or Mac OS X 10.6 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both
64-bit and 32-bit hosts are supported.