NanoHost is a free, minimalist DAW for PC that can load VST-synths. Furthermore, it can act as a wrapper which converts VST-synthesizers into standalone-apps. This essential, tiny tool works best for live-performance, sound-design or jam-sessions.
Why should i use NanoHost?
- It is free, requires no registration and you are allowed to share it with your friends!
- It requires no installation. You can run it directly from a USB-stick or CD.
- There is no plugin-scanning required since a plugin can be loaded directly – no matter where it is located on the hard-disc.
- Because of low-level code-optimization it offers highest performance and can operate with lower latency than conventional hosts.
- The GUI refreshes with an extremely high frame-rate (120 Hz). That’s why you will experience smoother animations and graphics than with other hosts.
- NanoHost itself requires nearly no space on the screen. As a result there is more space available for the interface of the VST-plugins.
- The software is very small. It requires (nearly) no hard-disc space and is loading extremely fast.
- Unlike conventional hosts the soundcard settings can be configured individually for every single plugin. This allows you to achieve the best possible performance for your VSTs.
- NanoHost is very easy to use.
What’s new in v1.2.2?
- You can display a keyboard with Config->’Show keyboard‘.
- With Config->’Zoom interface‘ you can zoom the GUI of all(!) vst plugins to the largest possible size – even those who do not come with a re-sizeable GUI.
- Many small enhancements.
- Supported operating systems: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / 11 (32 bit or 64 bit), Linux with Wine
- Supported plugin formats: VST 2.x (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Supported soundcard-drivers: ASIO, MME, Direct Sound
- Supported samplerates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88 kHz, 96 kHz, 176 kHz, 192 kHz
- Supported patch formats: *.fxp and *.fxb
- Supported format for recordings: 32-bit WAV in stereo